Michael is a registered psychologist whose academic qualifications include a B.Sc. (Hons) and PhD in Psychology. Michael’s approach is based on establishing a strong therapeutic relationship with his clients, delivering high quality care through empathy and compassion. Michael has worked with people from diverse backgrounds (with respect to culture, age, sexual orientation, socio-economic status, religious-spiritual orientation, and educational attainment). He has experience seeing clients across the whole age spectrum.
Michael assists children and adolescents with:
- anxiety (including social anxiety),
- bullying and school refusal,
- emotional dysregulation and behavioural difficulties,
- autism spectrum disorder (ASD),
- and eating disorders.
His practise extends to adults (from young adults to the elderly) with a focus on:
- depression (including bipolar disorder),
- anxiety (such as generalised anxiety, panic attacks, and phobias),
- stress and adjustment problems,
- anger management,
- grief and loss,
- trauma (including domestic violence),
- borderline personality disorder,
- and substance use.
Michael’s treatment approach is based on Cognitive Behavioural Therapy, Acceptance and Commitment Therapy, Narrative Therapy, Solution Focused Therapy, and Motivational Interviewing.
Areas of interest include:
- emotional dysregulation,
- borderline personality disorder
- substance use.
Michael welcomes new patients and rebates will be available through Medicare when a valid mental health care plan is completed with your doctor. Private referrals are always welcome and rebates will soon be available through your private health fund.
Michael is an independent tenant practitioner and he is ABN is: 61695281722
Bookings for Michael can be made Online or by calling (08) 7231 1628