Are you a GP requiring an Iron infusion for your patient? We are here to help.
What we will need:
- A referral letter requesting an iron infusion be provided, which should include words similar to ‘please infuse on my order’
- A health summary that includes the patients most recent blood results which should include:
- Iron results (showing deficiency)
- E/LFTs (with phosphate & Calcium)
- FBC (with haemoglobin)
3. A prescription for ferric carboxymaltose (this can not be dispensed onsite unless it is pre-orderes, please bring this with you on the day)
4. The patients name must be the same on both the medication and referral letter
A brief appt will be made with one of our GP’s, or trained RN’s 15mins prior to your infusion to review the referral, health summary, results, medication and ensure that it is safe to proceed. There will be no out of pocket gap for this consultation if all of the above paperwork is provided. If the results are not provided on the day, the appointment may need to be rescheduled.
The IHS difference
- Infusion clinics are run daily
- All clinics are run by an experienced nurse trained in Iron and IV therapy
- All clinics are overseen directly by a GP trained in Iron Infusions and IV therapy
- There is a Doctor onsite at all times throughout our clinics
- Tea and Coffee facilities are available
- Our IV room is purpose built, with natural airflow and light.
- We are an accredited General Practice and have proven infection control measures in place to ensure the safety of your patient.
- We are pleased to assist external Doctors who may not have the facilities to offer this service to their patients.
Please complete the online infusion referral form below and we will contact your patient to schedule a time within 24 hours.
Request an infusion