Kirrily Chambers Advanced Practice Pharmacist CDE, Adv Diploma Nut Pharm., Grad. Dip. App. Pharm. Prac.
Medicare rebates are available with a valid chronic disease management care plan from your general practitioner.
Diabetes education aims to assist people with diabetes to make informed decisions about: Adapting lifestyle, Treatment and management options, Self monitoring of blood glucose and how to interpret and apply the results to improve diabetes management.
A diabetes educator may help people with diabetes:
– Learn basic information about diabetes and its management
– Understand how to use diabetes devices, such as blood glucose meters, insulin pens, insulin pumps and continuous glucose monitors
– Adopt healthy eating habits through nutrition education, including meal-planning, weight-loss strategies and other disease-specific
– Develop problem-solving strategies and skills to self-manage diabetes
– Monitor blood glucose and learn how to interpret and appropriately respond to the results
– Understand how their medications work, including their action, side effects, efficacy, toxicity and prescribed dosage
– Develop skills for handling stressful situations
Our diabetes educator Kirrily welcomes new patients and referrals and looks forward to working with you. She is available for appointments on Tuesday afternoons.